Tuesday 13 September 2011

My Pick collection

Like every fan-boys, other than guitars, I too indulge in collecting something associated with the guitar players I like. Instead of owning Gazillians amount of picks, I have instead a number of picks that either came to me by themselves (you are reading this right) or I bought them knowing who actually uses them.


So far,these are all I have at the moment. Top 2 belongs to Hizaki from Versailles a Visual Kei band from Japan. One of them is a souvenir from a friend who went to Hong Kong for their concert. Following on is Steve Vai's limited edition Jim Dunlop pick. Honestly, I've never see him used those at all. I got them while I was still in Japan.

Beside Steve's pick is Sugizo's pick. Sugizo is the new guitarist of X Japan and still is the guitar of Luna Sea. Super big bands from Japan. Second roll. first 4 picks are Steve Vai's Signature pick. As I am a super huge fan of his, I have to have these. The one beside Steve Vai's pick is Yngwie Malmsteen's Signature pick. Now that thing is just FAT. No wonder he can pick with such precision. The pick with a Jem DNA picture was a gift from my friend. My friend saw one of these while window shopping randomly and thought that he might as well get it for me since I am that big a fan of Steve Vai.

Last one is Paul Gilbert's pick. An actual one that landed on my feet when he threw it out. Yes, not that fake Ibanez signature pick which he never uses. However, it would seem that Paul has switch to even a thinner pick. The green one from Jim Dunlop. That unfortunately hasn't landed on my feet yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment