Tuesday 6 September 2011

A day of setting up my cheapo recording gear

So I decided that if I were to write a blog about guitar, I should be able to provide means to allow people to hear the sound samples. So I got around in buying the cheapest mic I can afford now, which is an omnidirectional dynamic mic and hook in straight to my EEmu external sound card. It ain't the best setup out there but still gets the job done for now till i can afford an USB condenser mic.





EEmu external sound card

My Omnidirectional dynamic mic


To test my new recording setup, I've tried recording something. I've played this with my Frankenstein, which are equipped with Dragonfire screamers. It is played directly to my Marshall mini stack with max gain and max Reverb, with EQ set at flat. Pardon my bad playing and slightly out of tune guitar (which I conveniently forget to tune while recording), none the less it gives a rough idea on the recording quality and the sound of the Dragonfire Screamer Neck pick up.

Psuedo baroque by Adrian Goh

No comments:

Post a Comment