Saturday 3 September 2011

Ibanez Limited Edition European models

I've been browsing at the Ibanez site lately and it seems that 2011 limited edition has finally hit the shores of Europe. These are really interesting models that showcases how Ibanez can step out of it's stereotype shell and reinvent the wheel with interesting product lines. I am sure these models will attract Ibanez fans all over, especially one such as I am, who is trying to own Ibanez guitars make of different tone wood. It's online window shopping activities such as this induces G.A.S. There are a few models which I've spotted that interests me and would like to especially share with my readers and Ibanez fans out there.


Previously, only being offered with Rosewood Fingerboard as RG1570, the new limited edition RG1670MZ BK now give players, one such as I who prefers a guitar without a pick guard, a choice of maple fretboard. What makes it more enticing is that the headstock also comes in the same satin finished natural wood color, which sets it different from traditional Ibanez headstock finishes.



Next up is the revival of HSS Ibanez RG guitar, previously known as the RG560. What makes this guitar so interesting to me is that instead of the traditional Basswood body, it is offered in Ash instead. Ash was a standard Fender tonewood before the switch to alder and tonal wise, is a huge different from the Mid-Bass dominant Basswood. It also comes in Transparent red or blue finish, which nicely outline the natural grain of Ash. Now, if only they come in HSH too.

No comments:

Post a Comment