Wednesday 29 February 2012

Evolution of my Pedal Board part 4


As stated in my last post, this is the time where my Pedal boad evolved really fast. I really wanted to go for something similar to what Steve Vai had. Actually, to be honest, most of my pedal purchase doesn't make much tone sense. It's more of, "Oh Steve Vai uses that, I shall get me one of those" impulse buying.

We can see from the picture that I added a Digitech Whammy and a Boss CE5 pedal into the mix. The main reason of getting the Digitech Whammy pedal, other than the reason being "cause Steve Vai has it" is that I wanted a harmonizer pedal. Something like what Rob Marcello would have. Of course, I bought it without actually knowing how it sounds like. I later realized that I actually need 2 amps to get that Rob Marcello Harmonizer sound. The CE5 is actually a great pedal. It's one of those subtle kind of Chorus pedals without overpowering in your face. It has a mellow and warm tone and it's great if I want to do Shoe Gaze (Not that I do that) or atmospheric kind of sound.




Well and of course, Steve Vai once used it during his Fire Garden Tour. How do I know it? There is a picture to prove it! To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment