Friday 24 February 2012

My loot from the Yamaha Clearance sale

Look at that cute little thing

Today is a great day. Even though I had to go to Yamaha at Clementi two separate times today. I went to the sale after finishing off some stuff however was met with a disappointment. The only thing that I was aiming from the start is the Blackheart Killerant 1W tube head. Unfortunately when I was there, the only piece was already sold to one lucky person, who was a step ahead of me. Luckily for me, a staff (Trevor) was kind enough to take down my particulars and gave me a call if there are any other pieces left for the amp head.

At about 3pm, I received a call from Trevor, telling me that the stock has arrived and has been reserved for me. Even though i was already at home, I decided to make my way down and grab the amp. The amp, as expected and suggested by the name, is a really small amp head. It's pretty heavy for it's size but that is expected, due to the transformer for tube amps.

The Amp head is currently sitting on top of my Marshall Microstack. Yes, the head is going to be paired with my existing Microstack's cabinets. Why would I buy a amp head, if I already have one from my Marshall? Well, the problem with Marshall is that, since it is a solid state amp, it is a good amp by itself but when paired with external drive pedal units, I find the tone somewhat lacking. I've always wanted a tube amp just for this purpose and this is a perfect opportunity to get such a great amp head at a really irresistible price.

More to come after I get to sit down and test the amp thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment