Tuesday 28 February 2012

Evolution of my Pedal Board part 3


This was the time where my Pedalboard evolved really fast. I kept reading up on pedals and I wanted to achieve the "Steve Vai" sound in the cheapest possible way. The MXR EVH Phaser was really expensive and Steve Vai has kind of a delay in his setup. I couldn't afford a DD7 at that time and hence I've decided to try for Biyang effects. This decision was based on the fact that the TS-7 I've tried from the Biyang range was excellent for it's price range. The most important factor of the Biyang range was, it is mechanical true bypass. A feature well sought after by tone purist.

I went ahead and got myself the Phaser and Delay, Both at a really good price from Ebay and I have nothing but praise for these pedals. Even though I've already cycled them out, these pedals are still with me till this day. They are being used permanently in front of my amplifier. The phaser was being used for one of those "Bad Horsie" moments while the adding a slight analog delay to an existing reverbs creates the "For the Love of God" effect. This pedal board lasted me quite a long while. To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment