Monday 5 December 2011

Prim's Guitars!


Prim's Guitars is one of the exhibitors of the Singapore Guitar Show 2011 and they are an Indonesian company with primarily one Luthier and a helper building the guitars. Hence they take usually about 6 months to produce a guitar. All guitars are handmade and exhibit superior quality comparable to even expensive Martins. The picture above is the picture of the Luthier who is working on all the guitars.


I was going around testing all the acoustics, playing around meddling with the ones on the stand. Both the classical and acoustic range already blew me away. The resonance and sound quality of each instrument is evident and more so on the finish quality of all the guitars. There weren't any hidden flaws in the inside and all guitars are well glued that are also given ample time to dry. Each guitar has a unique Serial and model number, written by hand ensuring it's uniqueness and of course, authenticity.


Ratih, the main person doing the marketing and communications on the guitars prompt me to try the PA14-3A, which was resting nicely in the case. I didn't know what to expect of the guitar and the only thing she said was, it has a different characteristic. She handed the guitar to me and I plugged my first chord and the resonance of the guitar blew me away. The sound of the guitar screamed out at me. It was an Eureka moment for a short period of time. I proceed to playing some basic F.Carulli and F.Sor pieces just to hear how well it sounds on the guitar and true enough, every note plugged ringed out clear.

The only thing I can say about Prim's Guitars is that they are a truely bunch of people who are passionate at what they do and this shows evidently in the quality of their instrument. They are also able to do customization to any of your existing guitar, for a price of course. Overall,  I enjoyed interacting both with the Luthier and people from Prim's Guitars. Two Thumbs up for them.

To find out more about Prim's guitars, please click here or drop them an email at info@primsguitars.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment