Saturday 26 November 2011

Design a Jem Loser!


Did I take part in Design a Jem contest? Of course I did! Being an avid fan of Steve Vai, I have to do one. However, I am a big fan of natural wood finish guitars and hence, I design one according to that idea.

My favourite wood grain is definitely "Quilted Spalted Maple". I have never seen one in front of me but from the images on the internet, I know it exists. Since "Quilted Spalted Maple" is after all maple, why not use it for the neck too (I know you can't see it from the picture)? So, I specify that the neck should be made of the same material and chose Brazilian Rosewood as the fingerboard.

The body of the guitar is Mahogany at the time I designed it but if I were to add more design now, I will definitely choose purple heart as the body wood instead. The rest of the design are pretty much the same without much difference in specs.

No comments:

Post a Comment