Monday 1 August 2011

Marcello Vestry


Now and then I would like to introduce to everyone music which I like and would like to share with you all. First is my long favorite Marcello Vestry. Marcello Vestry is a self titled album of Rob Marcello and Something Vestry (Sorry, that guy isn't that well known for me to know his first name). This album has the typical 80s/90s glam rock/metal style with really cheesy lyrics. Now, cheesy in a good way of course. I actually do like my music with lots of cheese. The more the better.

With titles like "Gangster in Love", "Love Injection" and "All I wanna do is you", the listener have no doubt be given the feeling of being transported back to the 80s/90s, where music is about Sex, Love, Rock & Roll.



Rob Marcello is also himself an accomplished guitarist and currently the main guitarist of the 80s Glam Metal/Rock band, Danger Danger. Rob Marcello is a guitarist fond of that 80s Glam Metal sound (You can tell from his hair) and enjoys using the Harmonizer effect. He has a way of using that arpeggio sweeping, making it sound melodic while at the same time not overwhelmed with notes. For readers who have heard of them, you will find a familiar taste from Marcello Vestry. Of course as usual, for the benefit of readers out there, I will also include a video of Rob Marcello's own composition here within this post. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment