Saturday 30 July 2011

My guitar Idol Part 2

One got to have more than one guitar idol right? Else not, we'll be stuck only knowing one style. For the readers who figured me out there, I do have a taste for Guitar virtuoso music. Meaining, I like complex music with technical playing involve. I particular like shredding style of playing and nothing turns me on talking to others about it. However, that doesn't necessary mean that I can shred. I can by no means shred.

Now, enough about rambling. The second guitar idol that I like, will definitely be Yngwie Malmsteen. Now, who is this guy with name that is so hard to pronounce (Ying-wei Mum-steen by the way). If you haven't heard of him, do yourself a favour, go to youtube, type in his name or rather, watch the video that I posted within this thread.



He is the guy who started the movement known as Neo classical and the first guy to actually use classical motifs and riffs within his playstyle. Claimed to be inspired by classical composers such as Paganini and Bach, his licks and riffs definitely leaves the listener a familiar after taste. However, being influence by classical composers aside, he is also famous for speed. He has a unique (or what was unique) style of squeezing a lot of notes within a given bar making his playing sounding furious and is fond of playing a series of diminished arpeggios and what is known to him as the woah effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment