Friday 29 July 2011

Hello to all! Part 1

Hello Everyone and thank you for stumbling into my humble little blog about what I love most. Now I don't claim myself to be an expert in this subject and neither do I claim to be an expert in playing the guitar. As a matter of fact, I aren't either. But what made me want to start a blog about guitars is the passion for the instrument. Allow me to further explain myself.

My encounter with the instrument started when I was a secondary school kid in a class full of boys who knows how to play the guitar (Strumming). In fact, one of them went on and became a professional performer in one of the pubs here. I picked up playing the guitar, basic strumming and such. Well, I actually started with playing the classical guitar, completing the basic classical guitar course from Yamaha. Being a kid, I didn't bothered in theory and stuff. I just wanted to play. Theory is boring. It wasn't needed. Or so I thought. That was the first revelation for me.

My second revelation came after hearing "Hotel California", the hell freezes over version. Now, my first reaction to that was, "OMG I MUST LEARN THAT" and well, so I did. Took me a while but note that I learn the whole thing from tabs. At that point of time, I still didn't understand the meaning of theory. I still didn't bother the importance of it. Hey, I can play Hotel California, I was the Guitar King of the class. Or so I thought.

To be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment