Saturday 30 July 2011

Hello all part 3

Back to my ramblings. Ok, I am sorry to all my readers who find this dragging but this blog is after all about my pain. Isn't this what it's really all about? Ok, enough with the mindless ramblings.

So, previously, it was about nu-meta. Korn and Slipknot. Now, there was this once that my friend happened to be playing this Nightwish song, "Over the Hills and Far Away". Well, it wasn't exactly their song, but it got pretty famous thanks to them. It was originally a Gary Moore song and that song just blew me away. Well anyway, click at the link below and hear for yourself!



So, the combination of the Celtic-ish licks and the speed of it, combine with the chugga chugga just blew me away. I was sold to it. From then on, i decided that I wanted to learn how to play that. Well, it was the first song I ever learn on the electric guitar actually. This was the first step towards power metal and metal. The lightning fast licks and the power of the electric guitar just blew me away and sold me to it.

For a longest time, I was listening to Nightwish, following their every new album. With their soprano singer, it was one of the most unique bands out there. Well, they just changed their singer about 2 years ago. To something more pop-ish. Ain't the same but I like her none the less. It's the band that I like, not the singer. Anyway, do take some time off and listen to the band, I am sure it will do magic to you as it does for me.

To be continue...........

No comments:

Post a Comment