Friday 29 July 2011

My guitar Idol Part 1

Alright. Everyone has a guitar idol. You got to have one right? No one can admit starting playing the instrument without an idea who they would like to be able to play like until they decided to break off from it and the desire to create something of their own. Well make a guess, I still do have one and still would hope to be able to play like him. He is the almighty STEVE VAI!

Now, "why him" you might ask. Let's put it this way, his creativity level is through the roof and his playing style and choice of notes are so unique. He doesn't sound like a typical shredder and neither does he sound like your typical rock guitarist. Does he have "feel"? I'll argue, of course. Listening to Steve Vai is like having your first taste of Durian. You have your first one and you wonder, "What's this thing that I am eating and it smells so wierd" and once you tried it the second time, the meat is rich, creamy and sweet. Same goes for his style of music. Well, I can't begin to explain to you about his music but I'll embed a video for the benefit of all of you out there. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment