Friday 28 October 2011

Coated strings


I never was a fan of coated strings but due to my sweaty palms, I kill strings really fast, especially in this humid part of the word. My strings literally tarnish and turn brown as I am playing the guitar.Even so typically, with the wipe downs, string cleaner and coating liquid.

I usually use very cheap strings (since they don't last anyway) but for the guitars that I seldom play, I will actually put coat strings on them. My choice of coated strings will always be poly coated Elixir strings. I honestly have nothing but good things to say about these strings. They sound new from the day I put them on till the day the string breaks. They really do last 5 times longer than normal strings and usually, you can see the coating splitting open at the usual fret area or at the parts where you do your picking. Of course, there is no surprise that the that is the usual place for rusting. However, the interesting part is, even though there are signs of rusting, the strings doesn't sound dead at all.

The tone however for elixir strings is always brand new. It has no signs of sounding dead and to some, this may sound un-natural as there isn't a seasoned/broken in tone even after prolong playing. The best part is the strings always feel smooth and slick. Always shiny and new.

If you are one of those who dread changing strings or own a floating tremolo equipped guitar and changing strings is a bother, do give the elixirs a try. You will be pleasantly surprised on how long they last and save you the trouble of constant restringing.

2 comments:

  1. This strings looks gd. Where to buy this and how much you any idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get the strings from Davis at about $14 a pack.

    ReplyDelete