Thursday 3 May 2012

Dream Theater live in Singapore


It has been a really busy week. It felt like forever since I posted something on the blog. One good thing did happened this week though. Dream Theater live in Singapore! It happened yesterday actually and I was too tired to actually post about it yesterday. Anyway, Andy McKee opened for them and as expected, "Drifting" was the first of his songs. Sorry that I do not have a picture of him.


As expected, the concert was electrifying. The only thing that irks me a little is that my favourite songs weren't played. It felt like a promotion for their new drummer, which also cannot be blamed.


John Petrucci was phenomenal and his mastery of the guitar was simply breath taking. The best part of the concert was when there was a technical fault and John came to the mic and told everyone that they can't hear anything from their in ear monitors. They actually played a song without being able to hear themselves. How amazing is that! 


Why is it amazing if it's a technical fault? Well, I know for sure that these guys aren't just air guitaring or lip singing to a CD track. It's the real deal. I honestly don't understand the point of going to concerts where the singer just lip sing.


All and all, it was a pretty good experience. The volume was a tad bit too loud and I actually had my ear plugs on. I know, rock concerts are suppose to be loud but honestly, I prefer to keep my ears intact for time to come.

P.S. There was this kid who was sitting beside me doing Air Guitar/ Air drumming/ Air Keyboarding and vigorous headbanging for almost the whole concert but kept still when Dream Theater played "Pull me Under". Honestly, the whole row was shaking because of him and he kinda hit me a few times which lowered my experience int he concert. At the very least, do your homework before going to a concert and know that "Pull me Under" is a signature song of Dream Theater. Not "On the back of Angels"

No comments:

Post a Comment